My sister is awesome. Her brownies are awesome. And awesomeness is a classic.
My little not so little sister is actually the person who got me into baking. It’s quite wonderful actually, I got her into writing so it’s kind of a trade. You know how it is with sisters when you’re super close, monkey see monkey do and later monkey is better than you (my sister is an awesome writer, example here).
You can’t have my sister but you can have her brownies. Here you go:)
My Sister’s Classic Brownies
1 cup Cocoa powder
2 1/2 cup Sugar
200 g butter
1/2 cup Wholemeal flour
2 tsp Vanilla essence
1/2 cup Chocolate chips (optional)
– In a bowl, mix cocoa powder and sugar.
– Melt butter and add to cocoa mixture
– Wait for about 3 minutes till butter is a little cooler then add one egg at a time, mixing after each addition
– Add Wholemeal flour.
– Add vanilla essence. You can add more to taste along with sugar. Then maybe add the choc chips.
– Pre-heat oven for 5 mins. in 180 degree heat.
– Pour mixture in a non stick square baking pan.
– Put in oven and bake for 30 minutes. If not yet baked wait for another 10 minutes.
Enjoy! (from my sister and I :D)