So today I have Banana Cake! (And in my head the soundtrack to Bananas in Pajamas started to play.haha). I was just browsing through magazines from the library when I saw this. It’s simple, easy and I’ve got everything on hand so I though what the heck, write it down in my handy dandy notebook and bake away.
Little heart for my not so little sweet cake.
And what goes with bananas? Chocolate! I suppose there are more answers to this but chocolate is always the answer whatever the question is, right? haha.
Coffee and cake. Nothing beats that. Someday I want to have an espresso machine. At the same time I get a Kitchenaid mixer. Haha. Dream on.
My sister has this thing of microwaving 1 part milk and 3 parts water then mixing in instant coffee and sugar. It’s way better than the usual hot water then milk and instant coffee method hehe.
Banana Cake with Chocolate Frosting (from Taste magazine)
175g butter, softened
1 cup sugar
3 large ripe bananas, mashed
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
4 tbsp milk
2 cups icing sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
2 tbsp butter, softened
– Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius. Line a cake pan with baking paper.
– Cream butter and sugar until pale. Add the egg and beat into the mixture.
– Fold mashed bananas into the mixture then sift flour and baking powder into it.
– In a measuring cup, mix baking soda with milk then fold into the cake mix.
– Spoon the mixture into cake pan and bake for 35 minutes.
– For the icing, beat sugar, cocoa and butter with enough boiling water to form thick creamy icing. Then stir until smooth.