Cupcakes and bubbly? Not really the first combination I’d think of. I usually like my cupcakes with coffee, not a hint of alcohol. But of course, it’s always fun to try new things. And there was a leftover can of bubbly so…Strawberry Champagne Cupcakes!
They look so simple and so cute. You can almost serve them to kids. Haha.
Wanna see why sprinkles=happiness?
I don’t drink much but when it looks cute in a can I can haha. Jokes. I can only really enjoy mixed drinks and I know that’s pretty bad. I like being conscious, thank you.
For fun I placed sprinkles on champagne. It tasted weirder than it should be. Note to self: champagne, no sprinkles.
Oh well champagne or not cupcakes always call for a celebration!
Strawberry Champagne Cupcakes (from Gimme Some Oven)
2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2/3 cup butter
1 1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 cup strawberry champagne
6 egg whites
Royal icing: (from Joy of Baking)
2 large egg whites
2 tsp lemon juice
3 cups icing sugar
– Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
– In a large bowl cream butter and sugar together until fluffy.
– Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Alternate mixing the champagne and the flour mixture into the batter.
– In another bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Then fold the egg whites into the batter.
– Place into cupcake pan and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
– To make the frosting, beat egg whites and lemon juice until combined.
– Add sifted icing sugar and beat on low until combined and smooth.
– Cool the cupcakes and dip the tops onto the icing then put some sprinkles on top.