I have pancakes! I love sweet breakfasts. I’m actually the only one who makes sweet breakfasts in our house. One, because I’m a sweet tooth. And two, because I’m almost a one trick pony when it comes to breakfast.
I used to make normal breakfasts before, fried rice and awesome scrambled eggs and whatnot. But then, I stopped waking up early (aka became laaaazayyy). So every time I wake up early to make breakfast I make it special -always pancakes (you’re thinking, you call that special?)–mostly including chocolate haha (you see why it’s okay that I make breakfast occasionally). Last time I made pancakes I had some ice cream but didn’t have any this time (boo!) and the only fruit left was one apple. So I sliced the apple and cooked the slices in sugar, water and cinnamon. Yay!
I’m lazy but I put some effort too y’know. I didn’t use pancake mix (last time I did I made the worst pancakes ever). I made chocolate sauce from our unwanted stash of golden syrup and honey, a splash of vanilla and some cocoa powder.
Sooo that was breakfast (or super duper early dessert). My mom was so shocked to see me awake early in the morning. It’s like a ghost running through the kitchen was more probable than me making breakfast haha.
1 cup plain flour
1 cup wholemeal flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1 3/4 milk
2 tbsp butter, melted
– Mix dry ingredients and make a well in the middle.
– Place wet ingredients in the well and mix! If the mixture is not porous enough add a bit more milk. If it’s too runny add a bit more plain flour.
– Heat a pan and melt some butter on it. Pour some pancake batter on the pan. When one side starts to bubble it’s time to flip it over.
– Repeat til all the pancake batter is used.
– Pile your favourite toppings and/or syrups.