Hello there! Today we have cupcakes! Yay! And caramel chips. Yay!
I thought of making a lot of things before I thought of making these. It all started when I wanted to make cake batter pancakes. It needed yellow cake mix and I didn’t find any in the grocery. I found butter cake mix but I wasn’t sure if that was the same thing. Anyways, I googled and found a homemade yellow cake mix. So I went on to make cake batter pancakes. I had lots of cake mix leftovers. So I thought why not just make yellow cake…you have the mix for it….duh obvious, and I can use my cute little bear and bunny cake molds. Well I overstuffed the molds, they didn’t look cute but it was super yummy. I had leftover batter. So I took a cup of the batter. Mixed in cocoa powder and hazelnut spread – aka Nutella and the like. And poof. Here we are.Then I added the caramel chips because I was happy they were on sale. Haha. Probably going to use them again soon. Unless I eat them all before I think of something to bake.Mmm….perfect with warm milo! My sister and I have this new thing of using wafer sticks as straws for milo. Nom nom nom.Cupcake reveal! (It sounds like one of those magic transformation things in anime. Those things are funny, the villain is going berserk already but the hero still has to go through a long ritual to transform and it takes forever to just change outfit. haha)Bam!Let’s try another one.I like these tulip muffin cases. After you finish eating you can try some origami. I asked my dad to make me a paper boat. We both failed. He’s forgotten and I never learned. Harhar. Anyways try these for yourselves. The cupcake I mean, but then why just not throw in some more art. You could probably swirl chocolate better than me.
2 cups plain flour
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 cup skim milk powder
3/4 cup water (or milk ooohh double milk. I did that hehe)–if you don’t want to use milk powder you can omit that part and use milk instead of water.
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup hazelnut spread–nutella
a handful of caramel chips
– Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
– Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and milk powder in a bowl.
– Add water, vanilla, butter and eggs. Combine using an electric mixer.
– Take a cup of the batter and place in a small bowl or measuring cup. Add cocoa powder and hazelnut spread.
– Stir in the chocolate mixture into the rest of the batter using a butter knife. Swirl it in.
– Distribute the batter into a lined muffin tin. Sprinkle caramel chips on the tops.
– Bake in the oven for 15-20 mins or until the tops have domed and cracked a bit.