Hi there! Look what I’ve got! Nutella! Yeah! I mean c’mon who doesn’t love nutella? Everytime my parents bring nutella from the grocery I have a little dance inside my head. But almost any hazelnut chocolate spread makes me happy. Hmm…note to self make my own hazelnut spread/gianduja. It just makes everything more awesome. Toast in the morning? Put nutella and bam!
Here’s another example: Banana cake batter by itself.
then…with swirls of nutella cake batter
yay! (if you’ve been reading my blog for a while you’ll know that yay is an overused “word” for me…it’s true even in real life. I don’t know. Lazy vocabulary?)
Anyways…Banana Nutella Cake. ta-dah!
I got this recipe from The Caker who is quite a famous baker here in Auckland because she’s always catering to fashion events. I’ve always wanted to try one of her cakes but they were a tad expensive for me. So…yay! Can’t wait to try her other recipes. She always had such fashionable advertising for her stuff it’s so cool.
take a peek…I must’ve overswirled the batter but oh well it’s fluffy and nice😀
You’re supposed to top this with chopped hazelnuts or hazelnut pralines. I made do with some chopped almonds and chopped hokey pokey cookies. Mmm. hokey pokey. They’re honeycomb toffee-ish cookies wrapped in chocolate. Golden sweetness…
okiedokie,hokey pokey. That’s all I have for now. Here’s how they’re made…
Nutella Banana Cake from The Caker
For the banana cake:
125g butter, softened
125g cup caster sugar
2 large, ripe fair trade bananas, mashed
1 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp boiling milk
175g plain flour, sifted
1 tspn cinnamon
For the nutella cake:
1/2 cup of nutella
1 organic egg
50g plain flour, sifted
dash of milk
To top with:
Some more nutella
A handful of roasted hazelnuts roughly chopped
– Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius fan bake. Grease and line a cake tin.
– In a bowl, place butter and sugar and cream together until pale. Add the eggs one at a time. Then fold the mashed bananas into the batter.
– Dissolve the baking soda in the boiling milk. Then stir into the batter. Fold in the flour and cinnamon.
– Place the cake batter into the prepared tin.
– To make the nutella batter beat together nutella, egg, flour and milk. Then pour on top of the banana cake batter. Use a spoon to swirl the two batters.
– Bake for 40-45 minutes until skewer comes out clean. Remove from tin and cool.
– When the cake is cool, spread a thin layer of nutella and top with chopped hazelnuts (or almonds and hokey pokey cookies).