Wow. It’s been a long time since I’ve updated my blog. Tsk tsk. You probably forgot my blog existed haha. Between lazily researching and writing essays and my newfound addiction to Kpop (and almost impulsively watching every Youtube video I can find on Bigbang and 2ne1…and replaying Gangnam Style ’til my laptop wheezed) I just sort of forgot about ze blog. Wahh…sorry Sweets and Brains (and now I’m personifying my blog. du-dun.)
Anyways to get back into the groove of things here’s something darn simple and basic. Brown Sugar Cookies. Yay!
I went with muscovado sugar because I ran out of the normal brown sugar, turned out fine…you can also add some caramel chips for a little something extra.
I’ve actually made these a long long long time ago I just didn’t hit the little publish button on my blog. Why? Man I don’t know. It gets a little hard trying to figure myself out sometimes. So I just keep calm and bake on 😛
and because I can’t help taking photos of myself on reflective surfaces…
cookies and milk! nomnomnom…
Easy peasy. Now grab your oven and make these babies.
Brown Sugar Cookies from Joy the Baker
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
170g unsalted butter, softened
1 1/4 cups dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 large egg
caramel chips (optional)
– In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon and ginger. Set aside.
– Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together butter and sugar til light and fluffy (3-5 mins).
– Add egg and vanilla then beat for another minute.
– Add the dry ingredients to the butter and sugar mixture in one go. Beat on low speed til everything is incorporated. Finish mixing the ingredients with a spatula (add the caramel chips while you’re at it).
– When all the flour is thoroughly mixed in, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30mins.
– Preheat oven to 176 degrees Celsius. Line baking sheets with baking paper.
– Place tablespoon-sized balls of dough on the baking sheet. Bake the cookies for 10-12 mins.
– Cool on the pan for 5 mins then transfer on cooling rack.
Wait…hah you thought the post is over but it’s not mwahahah. On an unrelated note. Check out my new hair! ta-dah!
I had it done on my birthday. Oh yeah. My Blog turned 1 and I turned 22. Okay that’s all. whacha think?