Hello hello hello.
I’m in the middle of packing for my one year stay in South Korea. I think I’ve gotten most of what I need but there’s still a lot of packing to do. It’s kind of hard to decide what to put in the bag…that’s one year of my life in a suitcase. Pack, pack, pack (I just realised I’m a terrible packer). I’m so excited and besides packing, I’m catching up with most of my friends but it still doesn’t feel that real hahah. Am I really going on a plane in 9 days? OMG. Yes I am. I’m going to Jeju Island…toooodleeeydooo
Sooo it looks like this is going to be the last of my baking posts for a while before I head off to South Korea (I don’t know when I’ll see an oven again). Soooo…here’s something classic and simple. A different kind of packing I definitely don’t mind.
So we start with a good ol’ cookie. I’ve tried so many chocolate chip cookie recipes and this is just one of them. What makes me so fond of this is the sweetened condensed milk. Mmmm…suh-weet! Time to pack something in between these scrumptious little goodies.
It’s not an ice cream sandwich without the ice cream. Don’t worry it’s still all chill. I just used a super duper easy ice cream recipe..using bananas! Looovely. Just processed some frozen bananas and we’re good to go.
I added some cocoa powder to the other one for more flavours! Yay.
Time to sandwich!
So that’s my cookie sandwich story.
Ice cream Cookie Sandwiches
Sweetened condensed milk cookies from Clevermuffin
180 g butter, softened
⅓ cup caster sugar
125 mL sweetened, condensed milk (about half a can)
1 ¾ cups self-raising flour (2 cups plain flour + 1½ tsps baking powder.)
250 g dark chocolate chips
5-6 frozen bananas
optional: around 3 tbsp of cocoa powder
– Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Beat the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer, until light and creamy. Add condensed milk then beat mixture again.
– With the mixture on low speed, add the flour. Mix until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips until well combined.
– Roll about 2 teaspoonfuls of the mixture into balls and place on baking paper lined trays. Press each ball with a floured fork.
– Bake for 12 – 15 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove from oven and cool for a few minutes on cooling racks.
– For the ice cream, chop and peel the frozen bananas. Place in a food processor and process until smooth. If you want two flavours, take half the mixture and add cocoa mixture to that (you can add more as you like).
– Make the sandwich! Scoop some ice cream and place in the middle of two cookies.
I need to get back to more packing hahah. See ya!